April 5, 2012

Scrapbooking with Stampin' Up! is fun!

Beveled Windowpane Stampin' Up! Scrapbook by Ida Chan, VancouverHere is my final handmade project of the 4 Iron Stampers challenge that I was invited to complete in March. To be honest, this is in fact my first 12"x12" scrapbook page I've ever done! I scrapbook in a very unique or some may say odd way. So all this time I had avoided scrapbooking using Stampin' Up! products. I was quite nervous about the layout of the scrapbook page that I left this project until I had completed the other 3 projects.

Maze Game Stampin' Up! Scrapbook by Ida Chan, VancouverAs a result, I had to use all the pieces that were unused in the package of Iron Stampers supplies. This included the Maze Game piece and a large Beveled Windowpane.The more I stared at the pieces, the more I realized that this is indeed how I craft my scrapbooks. I'm a pack rat and when I scrapbook, I need to put the pieces of my pack rat habits into the page. This Iron Stampers scrapbook page definitely highlights my habits. I finally learned that scrapbooking with Stampin' Up! products is definitely fun and it doesn't matter what your style is.

And here is my display of the scrapbook page at the bi-monthly Stampin' Up! demonstrator meeting. The results of the challenge (4 projects)? I WON! I won by just one vote! I didn't think my scrapbook page would pull thru, but I received a lot of great feedback on it. From this project, I promised myself to start scrapbooking with Stampin' Up! products more often.
Iron Stampers Stampin' Up! Scrapbook by Ida Chan, Vancouver
Stampin' Up Maze Game Piece

Price: $2.95 (Pack of 4 mazes)
Stampin' Up! Beveled Windowpanes
Price: $10.50 (Pack of 12)
Pin It now!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your page! The distressing and collage of goodies curving up the page are wonderful!
    As far as scrapbooking in a very unique way, scrapbooking is such a personal art anyway, that it should be unique and reveal quite a bit of the artist creating the page! Having made a lot of pages, I can almost tell my mood by the finial page! I really hope you embrace your style and keep creating! I didn't start out with SU products on scrapping either, but love that it is so easy to color coordinate items, leaving more time to play!

    ReplyDelete